Privacy and Security Statement
Information available at WWW.G8.ARMY.MIL is consistent with Army and DoD policies and The Principles of Information and contains information cleared for public release. Information intended for the internal G-8 audience is available through Army Knowledge Online (AKO).
- The G-8 Home Page is provided as a public service by The Office of the Army Chief of Staff G-8.
- Information presented on The G-8 Home Page is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- The use of copyrighted material by the G-8 is subject to U.S. copyright law as reflected in Army regulations. It is G-8 policy to recognize and respect the rights of copyright owners.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- At the G-8 Home Page, we want all viewers to be able to experience the G-8 story. We have and continue to strive to be sure all sections of www.g8.army.mil are in compliance with Section 508 standards. If you find something that is not compliant or if you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please Contact Us.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Cookie Disclaimer - The G-8 Home Page does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). The G-8 HomePage may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Army G-8 DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners may not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
- External Links Disclaimer - The appearance of hyperlinks to external sites does not constitute endorsement by the Army G-8 of the linked web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the Army G-8 does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD web site.
Additional Army Privacy and Security links: